Happening This Week
- Daniela Georgieva, Neshama Nashman, Emilia Peredo Aguirre and Viginia Segarra Vidal for Ballett am Rhein and the tanzhaus nrw – Program: Step By Step
- June 23, 2023 – June 25, 2023: Ballett am Rhein in collaboration with the Tanzhaus nrw will present Step By Step, a program featuring new works by young choreographers including Daniela Georgieva (female), Neshama Nashman (female), Emilia Peredo Aguirre (female), Viginia Segarra Vidal (female), Artmann&Duvoisin, Yoav Bosidan (male), HARTMANNMUELLER, Nelson Lopez (male), and Dukin Seo (male).
- Carrie Ruth Trumbo for Pegasus Contemporary Ballet – Program: Amor Fati: An Evening of Greek Mythology
- June 23, 2023 – June 24, 2023: Pegasus Contemporary Ballet will present Amor Fati: An Evening of Greek Mythology, an evening-length contemporary ballet by company resident choreographer and artistic associate Carrie Ruth Trumbo (female).
- Rena Butler for Oklahoma City Ballet – Program: Unboxed
- June 24, 2023 – June 25, 2023: Oklahoma City Ballet will present Unboxed, a program featuring short world premiere works by Rena Butler (female), Larry Keigwin (male), and Ryan Jolicoeur-Nye (male).
- Cathy Marston for Queensland Ballet – Program: Trilogy
- June 16, 2023 – June 25, 2023: Queensland Ballet will present Trilogy, a triple bill featuring a new work by Cathy Marston (female), alongside works by Jack Lister (male), and Christopher Bruce (male).
- Saskya Pauzé-Bégin and Paloma Muñoz for the Bern Ballett – Program: Dance Platform 2023: Next Generation
- June 20, 2023 – June 25, 2023: Bern Ballett will present Dance Platform 2023: Next Generation, a program featuring world premiere works by Saskya Pauzé-Bégin (female), Paloma Muñoz (female), and Léonard Blondel (male).
- Stina Quagebeur for Staatsballett Karlsruhe – Program: Jazz
- May 28, 2023 – July 5, 2023: Staatsballett Karlsruhe will present Jazz, a double bill featuring new works by Stina Quagebeur (female) and Kevin O’Day (male).
- Alice Topp for The Australian Ballet – Program: Identity
- May 2, 2023 – June 24, 2023: The Australian Ballet will present Identity, a double bill featuring new works by Alice Topp (female), and Daniel Riley (male).
Female Choreography Commissions, World Premieres, and Programming
- Elizabeth Wistrich for City Ballet of San Diego – Program: On The Move 2023
- July 14, 2023 – July 15, 2023: City Ballet of San Diego will present On The Move 2023, a program featuring new works by Elizabeth Wistrich (female), Geoffrey Gonzalez (male), and Brian Heil (male).
- Gianna Reisen for Carolina Ballet – Program: Firebird
- September 14, 2023 – October 1, 2023: Carolina Ballet will present Firebird, a program featuring a world premiere work by Gianna Reisen (female), alongside a work by Robert Weiss (male).
- Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker for La Monnaie/ De Munt – Program: Vocabularium
- January 12, 2024 – January 20, 2024: La Monnaie/ De Munt will present Vocabularium, A program featuring a new work by Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker (female), created for and with Cynthia Loemij (female).
- Lynne Taylor-Corbett and Amy Hall Garner for Carolina Ballet – Program: Rhapsody in Blue
- February 1, 2024 – February 18, 2024: Carolina Ballet will present Rhapsody in Blue, a program featuring world premiere works by Lynne Taylor-Corbett (female) and Amy Hall Garner (female).
- Courtney Lyon for Ballet Quad Cities – Program: Love Stories
- February 9, 2024 – February 10, 2024: Ballet Quad Cities will present Love Stories, a program featuring a new work by Courtney Lyon (female).
- Elizabeth Wistrich for City Ballet of San Diego – Program: An American In Paris
- March 16, 2024 – March 17, 2024: City Ballet of San Diego will present An American In Paris, a program featuring world premiere works by Elizabeth Wistrich (female) and Geoffrey Gonzalez (male), alongside a work by Christopher Wheeldon (male).
- Lauren Lovette for Colorado Ballet – Program: Masterworks
- April 12, 2024 – April 21, 2024: Colorado Ballet will present Masterworks, a program featuring a world premiere work by Lauren Lovette (female), alongside works by George Balanchine (male), and Yoshihisa Arai (male).
- Courtney Lyon for Ballet Quad Cities – Program: Dorothy Goes to Oz & Snow White
- On April 13, 2024: Ballet Quad Cities will present Dorothy Goes to Oz & Snow White, a program featuring a new work by Courtney Lyon (female) alongside a work by Emily Kate Long (female).
- Anna Hop for the Polish National Ballet – Program: Pinocchio
- April 21, 2024 – April 26, 2024: the Polish National Ballet will present Pinocchio, a world premiere evening-length ballet choreographed by Anna Hop (female).
For continual updates on leadership changes see Dance Data Project® – Artistic Director Transitions 2022 Spreadsheet
- American Ballet Theater CEO Announces Resignation
- On June 14, 2023: American Ballet Theater announced the resignation of CEO Janet Rollé (female) effective immediately, the company also announced that Artistic Director Susan Jaffe (female) will serve as interim Executive Director until a successor can be appointed.
- National Ballet of Canada announces new Rehearsal Director
- On June 13, 2023: the National Ballet of Canada announced the retirement of principal character artist Stephanie Hutchison (female) and her appointment as company Rehearsal Director.
This section focuses on new or upcoming deadlines for artist opportunities, in conjunction with our Fellowships, Competitions and Initiatives Guide. For a more comprehensive list of artist opportunities, please see the link above.
Outstanding Artists (lighting, music, tech, design, etc.)
*DDP utilizes multiple sources to inform Global Roundups. A comprehensive list of publications, subscriptions & sources can be found here.