The three-week Residency Program brings together three “Mentoring Artists” from different disciplines, such as the visual arts (painting, sculpture, photography, film/video, and multimedia), architecture, music (composition and performance), literature, choreography, dance, performance art, and theater. Each Mentoring Artist determines the requirements and basic structure of their residency, and through an online application process, they each may select up to eight “Associate Artists” to participate in the three-week program. The essence of the program is to provide a collegial environment for artists of all disciplines where they can engage in meaningful interaction and stimulating discussions, while pursuing individual or group projects. It is an ideal setting for the exchange of ideas, the inspiration for new work, and the cross-fertilization of disciplines. The programs can include formal classes, discussions, individual meetings, individual and group critiques, collaboration, and studio time. The award-winning Leeper Studio Complex provides residents with resources such as a painting studio, sculpture studio, digital media studio, dance studio, music/recording studio, writers’ studio, black box theatre and library.
Associate Artist Eligibility & Requirements
- Open to artists of all disciplines in the United States and Abroad
- Applicants must be at least 21 years old at the time of the residency
- Individual artists or collectives of up to two artists can apply to one residency or more in any discipline of choice
- Applicants can attend one residency or more consecutively upon acceptance, there is no limit
- Language Requirement: a basic command of the English language is necessary
DEADLINE: September 10, 2023