Female Choreography Commissions, World Premieres, and Programming
- Gemma Bond for American Ballet Theater Studio Company Tour
- October 27, 2022 – November 13, 2022: the American Ballet Theater Studio Company will begin their tour, which features a world premiere work by Gemma Bond (female), alongside works by Rena Butler (female), Emily Kikta (female), and Daniel Ulbricht (male) as well as classical repertoire.
- Bryn Cohn for BalletCollective – Program: Fluidity of Time
- November 2, 2022 – November 3, 2022: BalletCollective will present Fluidity of Time, a program featuring world premiere works by Bryn Cohn (female), and Troy Schumacher (male).
For continual updates on leadership changes see Dance Data Project® – Artistic Director Transitions 2022 Spreadsheet
- Pacific Northwest Ballet announces new Associate Artistic Director
- September 21, 2022: Pacific Northwest Ballet announced that the company’s current Director of Company Operations, Kiyon Ross (male) has been promoted to the role of Associate Artistic Director.
- Artistic Director of Dayton Ballet to Step Down
- September 27, 2022: Dayton Ballet announced the departure of their artistic director Karen Russo Burke (female) at the end of the 2022/2023 season. Burke held the position of Artistic Director at the company for 10 years. Dayton Performing Arts Alliance has also announced that the search for a new Artistic Director has begun.
- West Australian Ballet announces new Executive Director
- September 27, 2022: the West Australian Ballet Announced that Lauren Major (female) will assume the role of Executive Director of the company effective October 3, 2022. Major succeeds Olivier David (male) in this role. This is a male-to-female transition.
- Parsons Dance announces new Rehearsal Director
- September 28, 2022: Parsons Dance announced that Zoey Anderson (female) will succeed Henry Steele (male) as the company’s rehearsal director. This is a male-to-female transition.
This section focuses on new or upcoming deadlines for artist opportunities, in conjunction with our Fellowships, Competitions and Initiatives Guide. For a more comprehensive list of artist opportunities, please see the link above.
Outstanding Artists (lighting, music, tech, design, etc.)
- Augusta Read Thomas for BalletCollective
- November 2, 2022 – November 3, 2022: BalletCollective will present Fluidity of Time a program featuring world premiere works and original commissioned scores. Augusta Read Thomas (female) has been commissioned to create a score for Troy Schumacer’s new ballet Forest of Shifting Time.
- For more information on this artists see the link.
*DDP utilizes multiple sources to inform Global Roundups. A comprehensive list of publications, subscriptions & sources can be found here.