Female Choreography Commissions, World Premieres, and Programming
- Skyla Schreter for Hudson Valley Dance Festival
- October 8, 2022: The Hudson Valley Dance Festival will present its annual lineup of world-class works, including a world premiere work by Skyla Schreter (female) alongside works by Khadijah Siferllah (female) with Ladies of Hip-Hop Dance Collective, Dorrance Dance, Abdullatif (male), Jonathan Lee (male), Limón Dance Company, Stephen Petronio Company, Adam H. Weinert (male).
- Kristin Young Toner & Victoria Lyras for Indianapolis Ballet – Program: New Works
- November 3, 2022 – November 6, 2022: Indianapolis Ballet will present New Works, a program featuring new works by Kristin Young Toner (female), Victoria Lyras (female), and new works by Indianapolis Ballet Company artists, which have not yet been announced.
- Amy Seiwert for Smuin Contemporary Ballet – Program: Dance Series 2
- April 28, 2023 – May 28, 2023: Smuin Contemporary Ballet will present Dance Series 2, a quadruple bill featuring a world premiere work by Amy Seiwert (female) alongside works by Val Caniparoli (male), Katarzyna Skarpetowska (female), and Michael Smuin (male).
For continual updates on leadership changes see Dance Data Project® – Artistic Director Transitions 2022 Spreadsheet
- Kaatsbaan Cultural Park Announces Summer Ballet Intensive 2023 Artistic Director
- October 7, 2022: Kaatsbaan Culture Park announced that Paloma Herrera (female) has been named Artistic Director of the 2023 Ballet Intensive.
- Kaatsbaan Cultural Park Announces New Managing Director
- Kaatsbaan Culture Park has announced that effective October 17, 2022, Tricia Reed (female) will step into the role of Managing Director for the Cultural Park.
- The Yard Appoints Acting Executive Director
- The Yard, a “creation and performance platform” based in Chilmark, Massachusetts has appointed Yvonne Mendez (female) as Acting Executive Director. Mendez succeeds Chloe Jones (female) in the role. This is a female-to-female transition.
- New Jersey Ballet Appoints Interim Artistic Director to Permanent Position
- New Jersey Ballet has appointed Maria Kowroski (female), as the Artistic Director of the company. Kowroski has been acting as Interim Artistic Director since November 2021, and as of September 2022 has officially and permanently succeeded Carolyn Clark (female) in the role.
This section focuses on new or upcoming deadlines for artist opportunities, in conjunction with our Fellowships, Competitions and Initiatives Guide. For a more comprehensive list of artist opportunities, please see the link above.
Outstanding Artists (lighting, music, tech, design, etc.)
- Australian Ballet Announces New Residency Program and Inaugural Resident
- The Australian Ballet has announced that Sandra Parker (female), has been chosen as the inaugural resident for the company’s new residency program for established independent artists. Parker will begin her six-week residency at the company starting November 7, 2022.
- Jacob’s Pillow announced the 2022-2023 Pillow Lab Residents
- The ten Pillow Lab 2022-2023 residency recipients have been announced and include artists such as Sonya Tayeh (female) & Jennifer Freeman (female), Mythili Prakash (female), Faye Driscoll (female), Camille A Brown (female), Larissa Velez-Jackson (female), Miguel Gutierrez (male), André Zachery (male), Aakash Odedra (male), and Michael Sakamoto (male).
- Portland Dance Film Festival presents its 2022 Festival Line-Up
- October 7, 2022 – October 9, 2022: Portland Dance Film Festival will present its 2022 line-up which includes works by Jessica Wright (female) & Morgann Runacre-Temple (female), Irishia Hubbard (female), Silvia Giordano (female), Deborah LIght (female), Samantha Matsumoto (female), Ginevra Panzetti (female), Samantha Shay (female), Iwona Pasińska (female), and Ali Kenner Brodsky (female). These works alongside works by various male artists will be presented in three screenings, each with a specific theme.
- For more information about these artists and the festival see the link above.
- The Ellis-Beauregard Foundation announces Choreography Award Recipient
- Faye Driscoll has been announced as the Ellis Beauregard Foundation Contemporary Dance Award Recipient. This award includes a $25,000 prize and an additional $15,000 “to bring a performance of the awardee’s work to a Maine audience”
- For more information about the artist, see here.
*DDP utilizes multiple sources to inform Global Roundups. A comprehensive list of publications, subscriptions & sources can be found here.