Female Choreography Commissions, World Premieres, and Programming
- Jessica Lang for 27th Alicia Alonso International Ballet Festival
- October 20, 2022 – November 13, 2022: Ballet Nacional de Cuba will present the 27th Alicia Alonso International Ballet Festival. The festival features many works and artists, including a world-premiere work by Jessica Lang (female).
- Lucy Merz, Kristin Young Toner, and Victoria Lyras for Indianapolis Ballet – Program: New Works
- November 3, 2022 – November 6, 2022: Indianapolis Ballet will present New Works, a program featuring new works by Lucy Merz (female), Kristin Young Toner (female), and Victoria Lyras (female) alongside new works by Reece Conrad (male), Eli Diersing (male).
- Jennifer Archibald for Richmond Ballet – Program: Studio Two
- November 1, 2022 – November 6, 2022: Richmond Ballet will present Studio Two, a double bill featuring a world premiere work by Jennifer Archibald (female), alongside a work by Jerome Robbins (male).
For continual updates on leadership changes see Dance Data Project® – Artistic Director Transitions 2022 Spreadsheet
- The Washington Ballet Announces Departure of Artistic Director
- October 21, 2022: The Washington Ballet announced the departure of Artistic Director Julie Kent (female) after seven seasons with the company. Kent will conclude her tenure at the end of the 2022/2023 season. As of the date of the announcement no successor has been named.
- Houston Ballet Announces New Co-Artistic Director
- October 21, 2022: Houston Ballet announced that effective July 2023, Julie Kent (female) would join Stanton Welch (male) as Co-Artistic Director of the company.
- Hamburg Ballett Announces Artistic Director Transition
- Hamburg Ballet has announced that, effective August 2024, Demis Volpi (male) will succeed John Neumeier (male) as Artistic Director of the Company. This is a male-to-male transition.
- Ballett am Rhein Announces Departure of Artistic Director
- October 2022: Ballett am Rhein announced that effective August 2024, Artistic Director Demis Volpi (male) would depart from the company. As of the date of the announcement no successor has been named.
- Oklahoma City Ballet Announces Permanent Artistic Director
- October 24, 2022: Oklahoma City Ballet announced that Ryan Jolicoeur-Nye (male) has been named as the company’s Artistic Director. Jolicoeur-Nye was named Acting Artistic Director of the company in January of 2022 succeeding Robert Mills (male).
This section focuses on new or upcoming deadlines for artist opportunities, in conjunction with our Fellowships, Competitions and Initiatives Guide. For a more comprehensive list of artist opportunities, please see the link above.
Outstanding Artists (lighting, music, tech, design, etc.)
- Dance Magazine Announced Harkness Promise Award Winners
- Dance Magazine has announced their 2022 Harkness Promise Award Winners. Kayla Farrish (female) and Johnnie Cruise Mercer (male) will be honored at the 2022 Dance Magazine Awards on December 5, 2022.
- For more information about the artists see the link.
*DDP utilizes multiple sources to inform Global Roundups. A comprehensive list of publications, subscriptions & sources can be found here.