November 18, 2022
Female Choreography Commissions, World Premieres, and Programming
- Cassi Abranches for Ballet of the City of São Paulo
- November 18, 2022 – November 20, 2022: The Ballet of the City of São Paulo will present a program featuring a world premiere work from Cassi Abranches (female) alongside a work by Cayetano Soto (male)
- Tess Sinke for Deos Contemporary Ballet – Program: Epilogue Series 22
- November 18, 2022 – November 20, 2022: Deos Contemporary Ballet will present Epilogue Series 22, a double bill program featuring a world premiere work by Tess Sinke (female), alongside a work by Seyong Kim (male).
- Courtney Washington Balenciaga at Guggenheim Works & Process
- November 21, 2022: Guggenheim World & Process will present Masterz at Work Dance Family-ALL INCLUSIVE AND MORE by Courtney Washington Balenciaga (female).
- Wubkje Kuindersma for the Dutch National Ballet Junior Company – Program: Ballet Bubbles
- January 25, 2023 – February 15, 2023: the Dutch National Ballet Junior Company will present Ballet Bubbles, a program that features world-premiere works by Wubkje Kuindersma (female), Joshua Junker (male), and Sedrig Verwoert (male), alongside the ‘Pas de Quatre’ from The Sleeping Beauty, and a work by Juanjo Arqués (male).
- Jennifer Mabus, Christina Ghiardi, Katie Puder for Avant Chamber Ballet – Program: Women’s Choreography Project
- April 18, 2023 – April 29, 2023: Avant Chamber Ballet will present Women’s Choreography Project, a triple bill of new works by Jennifer Mabus (female), Christina Ghiardi (female), and Katie Puder (female). The Women’s Choreography Project began in 2015, and according to the company website “The program features new works by female-identifying choreographers who are under-represented voices in the creation process in the world of dance.”
For continual updates on leadership changes see Dance Data Project® – Artistic Director Transitions 2022 Spreadsheet
- Oregon Ballet Theater Announces New Artistic Director
- November 14, 2022: Oregon Ballet Theater announced that effective January 9, 2023, Shane Jewell (male) would succeed Thomas Bruner (male) as Executive Director of the company. This is a male-to-male transition.
This section focuses on new or upcoming deadlines for artist opportunities, in conjunction with our Fellowships, Competitions and Initiatives Guide. For a more comprehensive list of artist opportunities, please see the link above.
- USA International Ballet Competition Applications are Open
- Applications for the USA International Ballet Competition are open. Dancers ages 15-28 can apply. The part 1 deadline is January 16, 2023.
Outstanding Artists (lighting, music, tech, design, etc.)
- The Australian Ballet Announced the 2022 Telstra Emerging Choreographer
- November 3, 2022: The Australian Ballet announced that Erin O’Rourke (female) is the winner of the 2022 Telstra Emerging Choreographer Award
- For more information about the artist, see the link.
*DDP utilizes multiple sources to inform Global Roundups. A comprehensive list of publications, subscriptions & sources can be found here.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!