Female Choreography Commissions, World Premieres, and Programming
- Rena Butler for San Francisco Opera
- November 15, 2022 – December 1, 2022: San Francisco Opera will present Orpheus and Eurydice, a new opera featuring choreography by Rena Butler (female).
- Maeghan McHale for First State Ballet – Program: Up Front on Market
- November 18, 2022 – November 20, 2022: First State Ballet will present Up Front on Market, a program featuring world premiere works by Maeghan McHale (female) and Zachary Kapeluck (male), alongside various company repertory works.
- Marina Mascarell for Sydney Dance Company – Program: Ascent
- March 15, 2023 – March 26, 2023: Sydney Dance Company will present Ascent, a triple bill program featuring new works by Marina Mascarell (female), and Rafael Bonachela (male), alongside a work by Antony Hamilton (male).
- Chanel DaSilva for Dallas Black Dance Company – Program: Spring Celebration
- May 19, 2023 – May 20, 2023: Dallas Black Dance Company will present Spring Celebration, a double-bill program featuring a world premiere work by Chanel DaSilva (female), alongside a piece by Kirven Douthit-Boyd (male).
For continual updates on leadership changes see Dance Data Project® – Artistic Director Transitions 2022 Spreadsheet
This section focuses on new or upcoming deadlines for artist opportunities, in conjunction with our Fellowships, Competitions and Initiatives Guide. For a more comprehensive list of artist opportunities, please see the link above.
Outstanding Artists (lighting, music, tech, design, etc.)
- Venice Biennale Announces Winners of the Young Call for Choreographies
- Venice Biennale, a prominent arts festival in Italy, has announced the two winners of the Call for Choreographies for Italian and international artists under age 35. The winners of the call for choreographies are Luna Cenere (female) and Andrea Peña (female).
- For more information about these artists see the links below.
*DDP utilizes multiple sources to inform Global Roundups. A comprehensive list of publications, subscriptions & sources can be found here.