Female Choreography Commissions, World Premieres, and Programming
- Taliha Abdiel & DaEun Jung for L.A. Dance Project – Program: LAUNCH: LA
- July 30, 2022 – July 31, 2022: L.A Dance Project will present LAUNCH: LA, a double bill program featuring new works by L.A. Dance Project LAUNCH: LA resident artists Taliha Abdiel (female), and DaEun Jung (female)
- Virginie Brunelle & Anne Plamondon for Festival Arts Saint-Sauveur – Program: Créations Brunelle/ Plamondon
- August 8, 2022: Festival Arts Saint-Sauveur in Québec, Canada will present Créations Brunelle/ Plamondon, a double bill featuring new works by Virginie Brunelle (female) and Anne Plamondon (female).
- Ausia Jones for Ballet Jazz Montréal at Festival Arts Saint Sauveur – Program: Essence
- August 6, 2022: Ballet Jazz Montréal will perform at Festival Arts Saint Sauveur in Québec, Canada. The company will present Essence, a triple bill featuring a world premiere work by Ausia Jones (female), alongside repertory works by Crystal Pite (female), and Azure Barton (female).
For continual updates on leadership changes see Dance Data Project® – Artistic Director Transitions 2022 Spreadsheet
- Executive Director of The Australian Ballet to step down at the end of 2022
- The executive director of The Australian Ballet, Libby Christie (female), will step down from her position at the end of 2022. Christie held the position of Executive Director for nine years. The Australian Ballet has not announced her successor.
This section focuses on new or upcoming deadlines for artist opportunities, in conjunction with our Fellowships, Competitions and Initiatives Guide. For a more comprehensive list of artist opportunities, please see the link above.
- Gibney Dance POP: Performance Opportunity Project
- Gibney Dance has announced that new theater dates in conjunction with their Performance Opportunity Project have opened up.
- This project “enables non-profit companies and individual dance artists to self-produce performances and showings at Gibney. Artists can participate in POP through Performances, Showings, or Open Rehearsals. POP Performances offer a three-night run in The Theater (Studio H) at 280 Broadway.”
- For more information about this opportunity see the link above.
Outstanding Artists (lighting, music, tech, design, etc.)
- Musical Composition and Choreography winners of the MadeBy Competition
- This year’s MadeBy Competition winners are Emma Greenhill (female) for musical composition and Monique Mangano (female) for choreography. The two winners received cash prizes and the support to further collaborate to create a new work to be premiered in 2023.
- For more information about the artists see the links below
*DDP utilizes multiple sources to inform Global Roundups. A comprehensive list of publications, subscriptions & sources can be found here.