Realizing George Kaiser Family Foundation’s vision grounded in social change, Tulsa Artist Fellowship is committed to fostering an equitable environment where a diverse and inclusive community of artists and arts workers have the opportunity to thrive professionally.
In response, Tulsa Artist Fellowship strives to remove these barriers by providing program participants with three core areas of support:
- $150,000 stipend paid over three-years
- $36,000 housing stipend over three-years
- Fully subsidized studio space in Tulsa’s Arts and/or Greenwood Districts with access to shared facilities including a ceramics studio with kilns, woodshop, media lab, roof terrace, performance rehearsal space, and meeting rooms with video/audio capabilities
- Estimated resource value of $27,000 over 3 years.In the spirit of reflectivity, Tulsa Artist Fellowship has expanded additional award support areas to include:
- Studio assistant stipend (over three years)
- Health and wellness stipend (over three years)
- Access to free fitness facilities
- Childcare reimbursements for Fellowship activities
- $1,500 one-time relocation stipend
- National and local artists and/or arts workers of any medium and/or discipline with a minimum of five-years of arts field experience.
- Applicant must be at least 25 years old and a U.S. citizen, permanent legal resident, or O-1 Visa holder.
- During three-year award term, awardees commit to living and working in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- With the recognition that groundbreaking art practices thrive within an intention-setting framework, awardees will commit to actualizing a proposed project during the three-year program term. Competitive project submissions will extend from the applicants’ artistic practice, be forward-thinking, demonstrate impactful community engagement, and will significantly contribute to Tulsa’s arts identity.
- Previous Tulsa Artist Fellowship awardees are ineligible to reapply for additional award terms.
- George Kaiser Family Foundation (GKFF), Tulsa Community Foundation (TCF), and GKFF Operating LLC employees are ineligible for this award.
DEADLINE:February 16, 2023