National Dance Project Travel Fund provides monetary assistance for U.S. based presenters, curatorial staff, and residency directors or for current NDP artist grantees to connect in person to explore feasibility of presenting NDP-funded works.
To be eligible to apply for a Production Grant, applicants must either be:
- U.S.-based curators, presenters, residency directors, or related staff (such as program or production staff) to:
- travel to see works currently eligible for NDP presentation support to determine if they will be able to present the NDP work in their community, or
- bring a currently-funded NDP artist to their community for meetings and advance planning to lay the groundwork for touring the NDP project.
- Artists currently in the creation or touring period of work supported by an NDP Production Grant to:
- travel to conduct advance tour planning with a potential presenting organization or individual to assess the feasibility of touring their work there, including meetings with local community members in relation to the project, site visits to determine appropriate venues or technical capacity to present the NDP project, etc.
Only one individual or organization, and one individual per organization may apply for the same trip. During NEFA’s June 1, 2022 through May 31, 2023 Fiscal Year, a maximum of four grants in total will be awarded for travel for any NDP supported project.