The Copenhagen International Choreography Competition (CICC) is a platform to discover and promote emerging contemporary choreographers.
- All participants, including dancers and choreographers, are required to have professional experience.
- Choreographers must be under 40 years of age.
- The competition is open to solos, duets, trios, and group pieces up to five performers.
- Choreographer’s may perform in their own work.
- The work can be created by multiple choreographers. (All the choreographer’s information should be mentioned on the online application)
- Subject and music of all pieces is open to the choreographer. Please note that the competition is focused on contemporary works.
- The work should be between 5 and 15 minutes long.
- A link to a complete online recording of the piece you wish to present at the Choreography Competition 2023 should be included along the online application. (Trailer video will not be considered)
- Submitted works must have been choreographed after June 30th, 2021.
- If you are applying with a new creation, a link to a complete rehearsal recording of the piece you wish to present at the Choreography Competition 2023 should be included along the online application. (Work in process and studio recording are acceptable)
- Those involved in the event should be available for both performing days and necessary rehearsals free of charge. This includes any possible radio/TV interviews, press conferences, and TV/Internet broadcasting.
DEADLINE: April 30, 2023