The Vilcek Foundation will award three Creative Promise Prizes of $50,000 each to young, immigrant artistic directors, choreographers, and performers who demonstrate outstanding early achievement in dance. Applications are open through June 11, 2021.
- Have been born outside the United States of America to non-American parents.
- Not be more than 38 years old as of December 31, 2021 (born on or after January 1, 1983).
- Have lived in the United States for at least four years (or immigrated to the United States on or before December 31, 2017).
- Be one of the following: a naturalized citizen or a permanent resident of the United States; a H-1B or O-1 visa holder with a valid visa stamp; a H-4 visa holder with a valid EAD card; a recipient of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) relief; an asylee or an asylum seeker who has applied for asylum and has a valid EAD card.
- Have at least five years of professional experience in dance.
- Not be enrolled as a student (full-time or part-time).
- Have work presented in at least three paid professional engagements.
- Intend to pursue a career in the United States.
- Not be a past recipient of the Vilcek Prizes for Creative Promise in any category.