Female Choreography Commissions, World Premieres, and Programming
- Nicole Haskins & Amy Seiwert for Smuin Ballet – Program: The Christmas Ballet
- December 1, 2022 – December 24, 2022: Smuin Ballet is presenting their holiday program The Christmas Ballet, they’ve announced that this year’s ballet features new choreographic additions by Nicole Haskins (female) and Amy Seiwert (female).
- Olga Roriz for the National Ballet of Portugal – Program: Of this world and the other
- January 12, 2023 – January 14, 2023: the National Ballet of Portugal will present Of this world and the other, a world premiere work by Olga Roriz (female). This work is billed as an evening-length production, no additional works are included in the program.
- Avatâra Ayuso for Ballet de Santiago – Program: Nijinska: Secreto de la Vanguardia
- July 22, 2023 – July 29, 2023: Ballet de Santiago will present Nijinska: Secreto de la Vanguardia (Nijinska: Secret of the Vanguard), a world premiere work by Avatâra Ayuso (female) that, according to the brief description on the company website, “looks to focus our attention on ‘la gran ignorada de la danza’ (the great Ignored of dance).
- Annabelle López-Ochoa for Ballet de Santiago – Program: Callas, la Divina
- November 11, 2023 – December 2, 2023: Ballet de Santiago will present Callas, la Divina, a world premiere work choreographed by Annabelle López-Ochoa (female). This work is billed as an evening-length work with no additional work on the program.
For continual updates on leadership changes see Dance Data Project® – Artistic Director Transitions 2022 Spreadsheet
- Viver Ballet Announces New Executive Director
- On November 29, 2022: Viver Ballet announced that Natalie Marrero (female) has been appointed Executive Director of the company. This appointment follows Marrero’s tenure as Interim Executive Director of the company which was announced in October 2021.
- Viver Ballet Announces Co-Artistic Director
- On November 29, 2022: Viver Ballet announced that Vera Passos (female) has been appointed as Co-Artistic Director of the company. Before this announcement, Passos was serving as the company’s Associate Artistic Director.
- Chesapeake Ballet Company Executive Director Announces Retirement
- On December 6, 2022: Chesapeake Ballet Company announced the retirement of Founder and Executive Director, Barbara Haskell (female). Noelle Reese (female) has been appointed as the new Executive Director of the company. This is a female-to-female transition.
- Executive Director of Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company to Step Down at the end of 22/23 Season
- On December 8, 2022: The Executive Director of Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company, Jena Woodbury (female), announced that she will step down as Executive Director of the company in June 2023. The company announced that a search for the next Executive Director will begin in early January 2023.
This section focuses on new or upcoming deadlines for artist opportunities, in conjunction with our Fellowships, Competitions and Initiatives Guide. For a more comprehensive list of artist opportunities, please see the link above.
*DDP utilizes multiple sources to inform Global Roundups. A comprehensive list of publications, subscriptions & sources can be found here.