December 2, 2022
Female Choreography Commissions, World Premieres, and Programming
- Adi Hanan & Tessa Magda for Vienna State Ballet – Program: Platform Choreography 22/23
- December 16, 2022 – December 18, 2022: the Vienna State Ballet will present Platform Choreography, a program featuring new works by six Vienna State Ballet company members including Adi Hanan (female), Tessa Magda (female), László Benedek (male), Trevor Hayden (male), Martin Winter (male), and Gabriele Aimes (male).
- Sophie Bulbulyan, Elisa Martinez, & Shantala Shivalingappa for Les Ballets de Monte Carlo’s Monaco Dance Forum
- December 12, 2022 – December 18, 2022: Les Ballets de Monte Carlo will present the annual Monaco Dance Forum, a festival featuring works and programs by various companies. This festival will feature new works by Shantala Shivalingappa (female), Sophie Bulbulyan (female), and Elisa Martinez (female), alongside works by Mattia Russo (male), Antonio de Rosa (male), Raymond Siopathis (male), Florent Devlesaver (male), and Marcos Morau (male).
- Roya Carreras & Jessie Lee Thorne for Dance at the Odyssey
- January 20, 2023 – January 22, 2023: Odyssey Theater Ensemble will present Dance at the Odyssey, a dance festival featuring world premiere works by Roya Carreras (female), and Jessie Lee Thorne (female), alongside works by companies and artists such as DaEun Jung (female), No)one. Art House, Assaf Salhov (male), JA Collective, and Dancing Through Prison Walls.
For continual updates on leadership changes see Dance Data Project® – Artistic Director Transitions 2022 Spreadsheet
- Executive Director Announced for Misty Copeland Foundation
- On November 30, 2022: The Misty Copeland Foundation announced that effective 1/1/23, Caryn Campbell (female) has been appointed executive director for the company.
- The Director of the Misty Copeland Foundation (MCF) BE BOLD Programme Announced
- On November 30, 2022: The Misty Copeland Foundation announced that effective 1/1/23, Sindy Folgar (female) will begin her role as Director of the MCF BE BOLD program.
- The Australian Ballet Music Director & Chief Conductor Announces her Departure from the Company
- On November 19, 2022: The Australian Ballet Music Director & Chief Conductor Nicolette Fraillon (female) announced her departure from the company after nearly 20 years in the position. Fraillon will depart at the end of the 2022 season. As of the date this Bailey’s Blog was published no successor has been announced.
- Sarasota Ballet Appoints Company Alumni as the Artistic Assistant to the Directors
- On November 21, 2022: Sarasota Ballet announced that former principal dancer Victoria Hulland (female), has been appointed as the Artistic Assistant to the Directors. Hulland retired as a dancer in the company in April 2022.
This section focuses on new or upcoming deadlines for artist opportunities, in conjunction with our Fellowships, Competitions and Initiatives Guide. For a more comprehensive list of artist opportunities, please see the link above.
*DDP utilizes multiple sources to inform Global Roundups. A comprehensive list of publications, subscriptions & sources can be found here.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!